Green Commute Challenge
June 3-August 30, 2013
The Green Commute Challenge aims to remove motorized vehicles from the road during peak commute times and during ozone season in Kansas City. It's an annual, employer-based contest that encourages the use of carpooling, vanpooling, riding the bus, bicycling, walking and telecommuting.
Below are instructions for company coordinators and participants. Employers can sign up this month and are encouraged to create their teams early to take advantage of all challenge incentives. Registration ends August 10. For more information, please contact the RideShare staff at (816) 842-7433 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employer Administrators | Setting up your employer’s team
2. Call or email RideShare and ask to be added as an administrator for your company.
3. Go to the employer administration page (link is on the administration button in the top navigation bar) on RideShare Connection.
4. Click on “Employer Challenge Management” (highlighted in red).
5. Click on “Sign up” next to Green Commute Challenge 2013
6. Write a message for your team’s page and click on “save.” Your employees will now be able to join the challenge team. (Sample message: <Insert company name> is so excited to be in the 2013 Green Commute Challenge. Share a ride, take the bus, bicycle or walk for work-related trips when you can. Then log those trips on your commute calendar to earn points.)
Participants | Joining your employer’s team
1. Create a RideShare Connection account and select your employer from the drop-down list. If you already have an account, log in and select your employer.
2. From the screen called My Page, click on the “Employer Challenges” box in the lower right side of the page.
3. Click on “Sign me up” where it says Green Commute Challenge 2013
4. You are now enrolled on your employer’s challenge team.
5. Visit RideShare Connection frequently to log your work-related trips and earn points in the Green Commute Challenge.
1. Log on to your account and go to your commute calendar.
2. In the first drop-down on the right, select the trip description (e.g., work commute or last logged trip if it’s a repeat trip). In the second drop-down menu select the trip type (work commute, work event or lunch). Make sure the round-trip distance is filled in accurately.
3. Select the transportation mode and the day the trip occurred.
4. The system will automatically add 8 points to your team total for carpool, vanpool, bus, bike, walk and telecommute trips. Staying in for lunch will earn you 1 point.