EXPLORE YOUR COMMUTE OPTIONS
Welcome to RideShare Connection, a resource that helps commuters discover new ways to commute. Think you have to drive everywhere in Kansas City? Not so! With a little planning, many commuters have discovered that driving alone — the most expensive way to get around — may not always be the best option all the time.
Alternatives like carpooling, riding the bus, bicycling, walking or telecommuting are available to use even on an occasional basis. It’s just a matter of figuring out whether any of them can work for you.
Why drive less?
You might be thinking, “It’s easy to drive everywhere in Kansas City, so why try to cut back?” Here are some of the top reasons:
- You’ll save money.
- You’ll extend the life of your vehicle — and save money — with fewer repairs and tire replacements.
- You’ll help cut back on emissions that contribute to air pollution.
- You’ll get more exercise (depending on which transportation modes you use).
- You’ll lower your stress level and maybe even make new friends.
- You’ll help cut back on wear and tear on roads, highways and interstates.
We can help
RideShare Connection can help you find alternatives to driving alone. When you create an account, you will be able to:
- Search for potential carpool or vanpool opportunities or bike/bus buddies
- Create multiple commute profiles.
- Look for ridesharing opportunities to area events.
- Use click-through links for access to Google transit and bicycle-trip planning (your commute profile will be pre-populated into Google).
- Log your commutes on your commute tracker calendar to calculate your savings and earn a chance to win in various promotions offered on the site.
Ready to get started? Click the registration link to create your account.